Uploading a new file
Before you get started
The Sensat platform allows you to upload as many files into your project as you would like. Some of these files will be visualised on the map as a layer allowing you to see as much of your data as you can in one place. The other file types will be stored for future reference in the FILE MANAGER.
We accept the following file types:
1. .laz, .las, .dwg, and .glb can be uploaded and will be stored in the FILE MANAGER and visualised as a layer in your 3D environment.
2. .tiff and .kml can be uploaded and will be stored in the FILE MANAGER and visualised as a layer in your 2D environment.
3. .png, .pdf, .jpg, .obj, .fbx, .mtl, .dxf, .tfw, .geojson, .rvt, .ifc, .dng, .shp, .rcp/rcs, .e57, .pts and .zip files can be uploaded and will be stored in the FILE MANAGER.
To use this tool:
1. Click on the upload button in the right-hand toolbar.
2. Select a file from your local drive.
N.B. You can select multiple files if you want to upload more than one at once.
3. Click continue and your files will start to upload to the platform.
4. Monitor their progress in the upload panel at the bottom-left of the screen.
5. Click VIEW in the file upload pop-up to view your file.
N.B. Do not navigate away from Sensat while the files are uploading or you will be warned that the upload will be cancelled. You can also cancel the upload by clicking the cancel button on the upload panel.
N.B. The length of time it takes to upload will depend on the size of the file.
6. When the files have finished uploading they will be stored in your FILE MANAGER in the folder labelled USER UPLOADS.
6. If your file type can be visualised as a layer, it will begin processing in the PROJECT LAYERS panel.
N.B. Again, the length of time it takes for the file to process as a layer will depend on the size of the file.
7. The file will then appear on the map as well as in the PROJECT LAYERS panel where it can be renamed and toggled on or off depending on whether you want it to be viewable.
Deleting a layer
1. Select the layer you want to delete in the PROJECT LAYERS panel, click on the three ellipses and select Delete.